Tuesday 4 December 2007

Exciting news for the Pittsburgh Promise

So I know it's unlike me to post twice in one day...but wow - the PG is reporting that UPMC will donate $100 million over the next 10 years for the Pittsburgh Promise.

Despite all the bad press the Pittsburgh Promise has received (and surely, not without reason), I think it is an innovative, visionary program that will help to make urban living more attractive for families. This is truly excellent news that UPMC, the oft-criticized nonprofit, has made such a strong commitment to the program. I really hope the Mark Roosevelt doubters will start to believe - this guy is good at what he does.

3 comments:

TallE said...

Full article

Darren Shultz said...

For anyone interested in the history, the Pittsburgh Promise is based off of the Kalamazoo promise: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06348/746019-298.stm

Bailey said...

Just thought I'd let you know... I had my med interview the other day here at Pitt, and during conversation I brought up the news of this donation.

If I get in here, I will be forced to give partial credit to your blog posting.